Microblading and ombré brows are the latest beauty trends for those who want to achieve fuller and thicker eyebrows. We are meticulous in creating the best fit for each client’s unique face shape and style, and we have a long history of achieving excellent results.
For everybody who has been following fashion and beauty trends, we know that pencil thin eyebrows are extremely outdated. Thick and fluffy brows seem to be what everyone is starting to gravitate towards. Unfortunately, not everybody is blessed with thicker and fuller brows. Most people use brow powders and pencils to temporarily fill them in for the day. However, if you are looking for a more semi-permanent approach, looking to cut down the time it takes to get ready every morning, and wake up with waterproof/smudge-proof brows then microblading or ombré brows are a good option for you!
How Does Microblading Work?
At Skin and Skinnier, we use a state-of-the-art machine to create hair-like lines to blend in with your natural hair. Microblading should be viewed as more of an eyebrow enhancement than a tattoo. With ombré brows, a machine is used also, except the results turn out fuller and provide more of a “makeup look”. Both typically last for at least a year but can range from six months to two years.
Is Microblading Painful?
The truth is that the pain depends on the person. Everybody has a different tolerance and threshold for pain. However, it doesn’t hurt as much as you would think. We apply a local anesthetic cream which is smoothed along your eyebrows before your treatment to help numb the skin. You may feel a bit of discomfort, but we re-apply numbing cream after each pass. After the treatment, you can have fuller looking brows that suit your style and needs.
A Few Pre-Microblading Rules
Prior to your appointment, think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field, we help guide your choice of the most suitable and desirable color and style for you. However, you are also a big part of the decision making process.
All Semi-Permanent Cosmetic Procedures are Multi-Session Procedures
An initial application is incomplete until after the touch-up appointment, which must be scheduled 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment. There is no additional charge for the follow-up (touch-up) appointment after your initial application as long as it is performed around the time it is recommended from the initial application.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer however this process can take up to 14 days and will only occur throughout the skin’s healing process.
To make sure you get great results also requires that you follow appropriate pre- and post-care instructions:
- Try to avoid making social plans right after the procedure.
- Please wear your normal makeup to the microblading appointment.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, fish oil, and vitamin E, two days prior and after your appointment unless medically necessary.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Do not use RetinA skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis, the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a semi-permanent/permanent cosmetic enhancement.
- Sunburned or suntanned skin is damaged skin and will cause complications during the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine 1-2 days before and after the procedure to minimize any oozing, bleeding or swelling.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks before and after your treatment.
- Stay out of steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga, swimming pools, etc. for 1 weeks following the procedure.
- Avoid working out or sweating for 1 week after your procedure. (Sweat will prevent pigment from healing into the skin).
Things to consider once your brows have been microbladed…
- Use a clean pillow case
- No picking!
- No facials, botox, or peels for 4 weeks
- Avoid exercise for 1 week
- Avoid direct sun for 1 week
- Remember, your brows aren’t finished until after the second session.
Here’s What Our Patients Are Saying:
The following is a Google review from our microblading patient, Desirie, published in December 2019. To read this review in its entirety, as well as many others, click on this link to view our Google reviews:
I got my eyebrows microbladed with Skin and Skinnier. They were amazing ! I was so scared & nervous walking in. When I walked in I was warmly welcomed by the front desk. I felt so much better & at ease after getting settled in. I was also nervous for them to get the perfect shape for my brows considering they’re not symmetrical, they matched them perfectly !!! They also applied a numbing cream so I didn’t experience any pain during the process. I’m so happy with my brows !!”
*Legal disclaimer: Individual results may vary. Our reviews speak for themselves, but Skin and Skinnier is not legally allowed to make any guarantees through this website.